A good weigh in and lunch circuitsPosted: April 17, 2013
My work this week has paid off, I have lost 1.2kg since the last weight in. Phew, a sigh of relief. So that means I lost all the weight I had put on last week plus a little more. That really makes me pleased.
I got to do the best circuit of the year at work on Tuesday. They are doing a fitness leader course and I think we got the benefits of their training. So it was a bit of an obstacle course that went around the outside of the gym. Here is how it went:
- it started with a short sprint,
- 10 wide arm pushups,
- balance walk,
- high knee runs on a crash mat,
- ‘frog’ situps (wide legs, arms up),
- gate vault over a rolled up matt,
- then squats,
- a climb up and across the railing that line the gym wall,
- monkey bar (loved this I wasn’t sure I could do it, but seem to be in better form now than ever),
- then pickup and run with a punching bag (just short shuttle run),
- then jump overs, ladder on the floor (fast feet essentially), sit-ups, back down jump overs and ladder,
- 10 burpees,
- a coord exercise throwing a tennis ball with one hand at the wall and catching it with the other (this took about five goes to get it right then I was all good),
- another shuttle run, and
- then back to the start!
It was so good, I just loved it. The cool thing was passing four men in the process. Since we started one after the other it was easy to see your progress. Now, although I did pas four blokes I will admit they are all probably older than me, so I probably should have passed more of them! I popped into the cardio room and managed another 15 mins on the cross trainer and bike to get me up to 500 cal.
In terms of Tightened Tuesday theme, I didn’t blitz it, but I certainly did better than last week. I guess that is why the scales were so kind to me. I do like the idea of having a ‘clean-ish’ day once a week. Last night while the kids had scrambled eggs and tuna bake (enticing isn’t it? Little L is so tired after a day in care, I cranked out the eggs to get him eating while the tuna bake cooked) I just got some salmon from the freezer and had that with a bag of steamed veges. Sure they may not be fresh from the fridge all cut up with love and care by me, but it was quick and really tasty and I am sure would be ok for desperate 12WBT meal. If you haven’t tried this salmon it is really yum and not too big to overtake your meal calories.
Today I got in a circuit again at work (some would call this sick, but I do enjoy getting to exercise with other people and they are always different). Another new on with the following exercises:
- 6 burpees the shuttle run,
- 6 burpees, 8 upright row – press, shuttle run
- 6 burpees, 8 upright row-press, 12 dead lift, shuttle run,
- 6 burpees, 8 upright row-press, 12 dead lift, 10 frog sit-ups, shuttle run,
- 6 burpees, 8 upright row-press, 12 dead lift, 10 frog sit-ups, 14 pushups, shuttle run
- 6 burpees, 8 upright row-press, 12 dead lift, 10 frog sit-ups, 14 pushups, 16 supermans (each side then arms and legs), shuttle run
- 6 burpees, 8 upright row-press, 12 dead lift, 10 frog sit-ups, 14 pushups, 16 supermans (each side then arms and legs = 1), 20 step ups with medicine ball above the head, shuttle run.
Once that was done, you then started to go back down dropping off exercises. So it was pretty intense. By the time I got a few extra stretches in there was 450 cal gone. I had to drive to the circuit but managed to fit it in with a shower before a meeting, very handy!
This afternoon I grabbed Little D and we went did kids yoga together. It was really lovely, it is nice to have the chance to do something with her rather than watch her (like most kids activities). I hope we will make it again next week. It just means a quick dinner when we don’t get to pick up Little L until after 5.15pm (I know that is early for many people who have a long way to drive or heavy traffic)! So a not so 12WBT friendly dinner of toasties. But not too much, they were popular so the kids kept stealing mine!
I hope your week is going as well as mine. Although, I wasn’t so happy this morning. Little L having a tantrum getting into the car and gave me a fat lip! Charming…..